Botox Jacksonville FL
Botox Cosmetic Injections in Jacksonville Florida by Ponte Vedra Plastic Surgery
BOTOX® is one of three common neuromodulators approved by the FDA and used today by cosmetic surgeons to decrease unsightly lines which result from animation. Xeomin, and Dysport are the other two brands of botulinum toxins that are used clinically in the U.S. to relax these lines. Botox is by far the most commonly used neurotoxin in our practice.
This treatment offers a simple, non-surgical treatment that can temporarily (lasts 3-4 months) smooth moderate to severe frown lines between the brows, forehead lines, lip lines, and lines around the outer eyes, called “crows feet.”
When it comes to selecting a cosmetic treatment to reduce the appearance of these lines, chances are you’ll want proof, not just claims. Well, the proof is in the numbers:
- In clinical trials, nearly 90% of men and women surveyed rated the improvement in the appearance of frown lines between their brows as significantly better 1 month after treatment. Results vary.
- One 10-minute treatment—a few tiny injections—and within days there’s a noticeable improvement in those persistent lines, which can last up to 4 months. Results may vary.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic has been used to treat a million people in the United States since it was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2002 for the temporary treatment of moderate to severe frown lines between the brows in people ages 18 to 65.
- Today, it is the #1 cosmetic procedure performed in the United States.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic should be administered only by experienced aesthetic-specialty practitioners and physicians.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How does Botox work?
A. All neurotoxins work by blocking signals from the nerves to the muscles. The injected muscles can no longer contract, which causes the wrinkles to relax and soften. It is most often used on forehead lines, crow’s feet (lines around the eye), upper lip lines and frown lines. Wrinkles caused by sun damage, smoking, and gravity will not respond to botulinum toxins. Wrinkles which are present in the skin before active contraction of muscles will also not improve with BOTOX. For this reason, it is important to meet with one of our board certified injection specialists to discuss what treatment would be best for your needs.
Q. How is the Procedure performed?
A. The procedure takes only a few minutes, and is injected with a fine needle into specific muscle areas. It generally takes three to seven days to take full effect. It is recommended, but not mandatory, to stop Aspirin and anti- inflammatory medications two weeks before treatment in order to reduce bruising.
Q. How long does the Botox Injection last?
A. The effects can last four to six months. As muscle action gradually returns, the lines and wrinkles begin to re-appear and wrinkles need to be re-treated. The lines and wrinkles often appear less severe with time because the muscles are being trained to relax.
Q. What are the side effects?
A. Temporary bruising and swelling is the most common side effect associated with injections. Headaches, which resolve in 24-48 hours, can occur, but this is rare. We generally recommend you avoid social engagements for 2-3 days after injections.
Q. Will my facial expressions continue to look natural?
A. Although the results are visible, treatment with neurotoxins will not negatively affect your facial appearance. The muscle activity that causes these lines is simply reduced, so you are still able to frown or look surprised without the wrinkles and creases between your brows.
Q. What if I choose not to continue treatments?
A. If you do not continue treatments, the areas which you had treated will gradually look like they did before treatment.
Look at our “Specials” and “Events” pages to see if there are any upcoming events during which you can save on toxins and fillers.
*BOTOX® is a registered trademark of Allergan, Inc.
Botox Before and After Pictures