Coronal Forehead Lift
Mid-Scalp or Hairline Lift Technique
Endoscopic Forehead Lift
Lateral Brow Lift
Browlifts in Jacksonville, Florida
by Ponte Vedra Plastic Surgery
- It is important that you not take aspirin or anti-inflammatory medications prior to surgery.
- If you smoke, quit smoking at least two weeks before your surgery, and plan on not smoking during your recovery. Smoking greatly increases the risk of complications and slows the healing process.
- Make arrangements to be driven to surgery and home after your surgery.
- It is a good idea to arrange for someone to care for you the first 24-72 hours after surgery.
- Fill all prescriptions before surgery.
- Set up your recovery area ahead of time. You’ll want to have plenty of pillows, and easy access to entertainment while you recover.
- Prepare Ice packs. Frozen veggies or fruit work well in reducing post-operative swelling.
- And follow your physician’s directions carefully regarding medications, eating & drinking after surgery.
What to expect after Browlift Surgery: In the area of your surgery you should expect some bruising and swelling for the first few weeks. This is normal. You should also expect some tightness as your healing begins. Your sutures will be removed within a seven to ten days after surgery. It is also common for you to temporarily loose some feeling or sensation in the areas of your surgery. This is also normal. Pain from browlift surgery should be moderate and can be managed with prescribed medications from your surgeon. Severe pain should be reported immediately. Everyone recovers from surgery differently, but you should be up and moving around the day after your surgery as you begin the recovery process. Patients should not shower until your dressings are removed. During the recovery process it is important to keep your head elevated for the first several days to reduce swelling and promote healing. Swelling and any discomfort can be reduced by carefully applying a cold compress. Swelling and tenderness may cause the use of contact lenses to be difficult. However you may use them as soon as you can comfortably insert and remove them. Also during the first week of recovery, you should plan on resting, and getting a good start on recovery. You should plan to be out of work and avoiding regular day to day activities for the first week after surgery. For the first month after your surgery, your surgeon will typically advise you to avoid strenuous and high impact activities, and to avoid saunas as steam can delay healing. After the first few weeks of recovery and over the next several months after your surgery, scaring will fade and you will become very comfortable with the results of your browlift surgery. If you are considering Browlift Surgery, please feel free to contact any of the Ponte Vedra Plastic Surgery offices below to schedule a consultation. We would be pleased to discuss the details of browlift surgery and how this procedure might be right for you. For a first hand review of the Browlift Surgery procedures we have performed at Ponte Vedra Plastic Surgery, feel free to review Dr. Burk’s before and after photo gallery below: Browlift Surgery by Dr. Burk Thank you for visiting Ponte Vedra Plastic Surgery online! We look forward to hearing from you.