Could Breast Reduction Surgery Improve Your Life?
While many women envy others with large breasts, large breasted women sometimes feel differently. There are some situations where bigger just isn’t better. When this is the case, breast reduction surgery may be a good option. Keep reading to learn more.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Breast Reduction?
Breast reduction isn’t for everyone, but for the right person, it can be an excellent solution. Ask yourself the following questions to determine whether or not you should consider the procedure:
- Are you self-conscious about the size of your breasts?
- Is the weight of your breasts causing your breasts to sag?
- Does the size of your breasts make it difficult to find comfortable or flattering clothing?
- Is it difficult to find bras in your size?
- Do you have frequent back pain or neck pain?
- Is the size of your breasts affecting your posture?
- Are your breasts disproportional to the rest of your body?
- Does the size of your breasts make it difficult to participate in physical activities that you’d otherwise enjoy?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, you should consult your doctor about breast reduction.
What Can You Expect From The Procedure?
Breast reduction surgery is usually performed under general anesthesia, so you won't be uncomfortable or in pain during the procedure. The surgery usually takes two to four hours, but each patient is unique so each procedure will be a little different. In most cases, breast reduction is performed as an outpatient surgery, but in some cases, it will involve a very short hospital stay. After the surgery, you’ll need to be patient as your body heals, but most people can return to work and other non-strenuous activities within about two weeks. Follow the instructions your doctor gives you to help your body heal as quickly as possible.
What Benefits Come With Breast Reduction?
Breast reduction can help you feel more confident, relieve back and neck pain, make it easier to shop for clothing, improve your appearance, make it easier to stay physically active, and more. If you’d like to learn more about this procedure, schedule a consultation at Ponte Vedra Plastic Surgery.
Leave A Comment
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.