The nose is such a prominent feature of your face that the decision to undergo a nose surgery is an important one. Not only is it an important feature in defining our physical identity, it also plays a vital role in your five major senses. With so much vital importance on the nose, it’s hard to believe so many Americans are unhappy with theirs. In fact, a new study found that 63,585 Americans went under the knife last year to correct the physical appearance of their nose. If you’re considering nose surgery, it’s important to understand a few key factors of the surgery prior to scheduling your consultation with Ponte Vedra Plastic Surgery.
What is nose surgery?
Nose surgery, or rhinoplasty, is a plastic surgery done to improve the appearance of the nose. During a nose surgery, the surgeon can decrease or increase the size of the nose by altering the bridge or tip of the nose. The surgeon may also narrow or alter the shape of the nostrils to improve the appearance as well. Answer the following questions below to help you decide whether or not nose surgery is right for you:
- Are the dimensions of your nose seriously affecting your self-confidence?
- Are you physically and mentally able to handle the side effects of nose surgery, including soreness, pain, and headaches?
- Will you be in a condition to follow the doctor’s explicit pre-and-post care guidelines?
- Are you not as social as you’d like to be because you’re not confident with your physical appearance?
- Are you suffering from a deviated septum that makes it difficult to breathe?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you may be a candidate for a nose surgery that will change the way you look and feel. To learn more about nose surgery, contact us today to schedule a consultation at one of our plastic surgery centers in Jacksonville, Florida.