Stress can wreak havoc on your health and your appearance, but worrying about all the negative side effects of stress isn’t going to help you relax—instead check out this useful list of things you can do to reduce stress.
If You Have 5 Minutes Or Less
The following strategies can help you quickly reduce stress:
- Slowly breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth for a minute.
- Listen to your favorite song.
- Stand up and stretch.
- Watch a short, funny video online
- Take a quick break to play with your dog
If You Have 30-60 Minutes
If you have a little more time, there are many other things you can do to manage your stress levels.
- Exercise—this is one of the best ways to reduce stress and keep yourself healthy.
- Take a nap—being too tired is a major source of stress. Get a quick nap in to help yourself calm down and think clearly.
- Call a loved one—talking to someone who cares about you is a great way to unwind and relax.
- Go outside—Being in nature is calming for most people. Go for a walk around your neighborhood, watch some birds flying over a field, or go sit by a small stream.
- Get a massage—stress can make your muscles tight and having tight muscles can make you feel even more stressed. Take a 30-60 minute break to relieve tension throughout your whole body.
- Take a yoga class—stretching and balancing in a calm, quiet environment can help you regain your focus and your sense of peace.
If You Have The Whole Day
If you’ve been under a lot of stress, try to schedule a day off to relax and give yourself a break. Start the day off with a relaxing shower and your favorite breakfast. Go for a walk outside, and consider meeting some friends for lunch. The main idea is to take some time just for yourself. One great way to take time for yourself is to pamper yourself with a facial. For example, at Ponte Vedra Plastic Surgery the signature facial includes a neck and shoulder massage, a deep facial cleanse and steam, an exfoliating treatment, a mask treatment, a hand and arm massage, pore extractions and more. Taking time to relax and care for yourself will leave you feeling rejuvenated and calm. To learn more about services at Ponte Vedra Plastic Surgery, call us or contact us online.